We are the parents to 3 amazing kids. Brayden 4 adopted through Foster Care at age 3, Taylor 4 adopted through LDSFS as birth, Annabella 19 months adopted through Foster Care at 9 months.
We started the adoption process in 2002 with LDSFS. We did pass along cards, our profile on itsaboutlove, and letters to friends, family and coworkers. In May of 2004 after being so frustrated about the adoption process I asked a friend's husband to give me a blessing. In that blessing he told me that Heavenly Father was preparing children that were on their way to me now. That he was aware of the desires of my heart and that he was ever mindful of me. A few weeks later we received an email from a young woman stating she was pregnant and that she knew we were to be the parents of the child she was carrying. We later found out she was the sister in law of one of Tim's Coworkers. We had a very open adoption. We attended all her Dr.s appointments and were their in the delivery room when Taylor was born. Taylor was born in Nov. 2004. I forgot all about the promise that children were on their way to me. Fast forward to Dec. 2006 a little boy had been left at a Stake Center in West Valley with a note attached explaining the Mom was to young and that she wanted this baby placed for adoption. He was in the care of DCFS. I was very familiar with the process because of my work as a Substance Abuse Counselor. I called DCFS that night inquiring about that child. We felt driven to pursue this child. After having our home study sent to DCFS we received an e-mail from a woman stating we were not Foster Parents and it would not be fair to even consider us when there were so many other people licensed through the state. We started to ponder what we were to learn through this experience. We concluded that maybe we should consider being foster parents.
We had, had a friend pass away so we spent all day making arrangements to go to the viewing, which included finding someone to fill in for me in Young Womens, and finding a baby sitter. Then we got a call from our Case Worker at LDSFS she explained she felt very strongly that she needed to call us and tell us about a special training they had arranged for couples waiting to adopt through LDSFS to become trained as Foster Parents through the state. She explained that it started in 45 minutes at BYU and they would lock the doors at 6:15p.m. I called Tim at work explained what Becky had said. We laughed at how obvious this answer was from our Heavenly Father. So we became foster parents and fostered 3 children in our home. They eventually went to live with family and then the call came. A woman named Trish from DCFS called... she stated that we were not even a family we they were considering but asked if I would please hear her out. She stated that there was a 3 yr old blonde blue eyed little boy legally free for adoption. She explained some of his back ground and then stated he was small for his age, speech delayed, and that he bit when he was frustrated. I laughed at her thinking I had just buckled Taylor in his car seat and knew he was not in DCFS custody. She said I know this sounds weird but I really feel strongly that this child belongs in your home (She later shared that they had considered many familys for him, she was at the end of her rope and she turned to her Heavenly Father for guidance. Our name came to her and the rest is history) I called Tim who was in California for work, I then called his foster mom and talked about him and where he was at. We agreed to meet him the day after Thanksgiving. When we walked in the door it was as though Taylor and Braydens spirits recognized each other. We knew in the first 2 minutes that Brayden was meant to be ours. We called Trish after the visit and told her we wanted Brayden in our home. On Tuesday we were approved to adopt Brayden and he was in our home the next day Nov 27th, 2007. This all happened with in a week. When I called my friends whose husband had given me the blessing she reminded me that I was promised "children" were on their way to me. Brayden is two months older than Taylor. They were both on their way to me when I had that blessing.
Brayden was sealed to us on our 11th Wedding Anniversary. Three days before we were to bless Brayden we got another call from DCFS. Taylors biological ½ sister was in DCFS care. They asked us if we would take her. In December 2008 we were blessed to be able to adopt Annabella. She will be sealed to us on our 12th Anniversary.
Tim & Heidi Naylor
www.poohterbug.wordpress.com
No comments:
Post a Comment